When it comes to shopping for groceries, nothing beats an insulated grocery bag. It’s not only reusable but also rules out the need for non-biodegradable plastic bags and has a huge ecological benefit.
Your food remains fresh for longer as the insulated grocery bags manage the food’s temperature and control its moisture. This means that you can do other tasks without being concerned about going home with moist frozen food.
When you’re buying an insulated grocery bag, your top priority should be getting one with important insulation layers. Let’s look at some of the best reusable insulated grocery shopping bags.
1. NZ Home Food Delivery Bag, Insulated Reusable Grocery Bag
- It has reinforced handles
- It’s made of thick and strong thermal materials
- It has an aluminum interior insulation layer
Minimize the negative impact of plastics on the environment with this big insulated grocery bag. If you want an insulated grocery bag with a large capacity, the NZ bag is a great option for you.
With this bag, you can carry groceries worth 20.9 gallons having a weight limit of 45 pounds – and yet the bag itself weighs 3 ounces and you can fold it up if you’re not using it.
The outer part consists of thick polypropylene material with light PE foam insulation that helps maintain your food’s initial temperature. The interior part has an aluminum layer and a strengthened base. It has 2 sets of long-lasting, cozy handles, an outer transparent pocket, and a zippered top.
This food delivery bag is a fabulous option for buying large quantities of food and also catering, deliveries, or carrying dishes on trips during the weekend. This grocery bag has durable walls that make it stay upright when loading and offloading. It also has handles that stretch under the base for added strength and stiffness.
The zipper has 2 sliders that ease opening and closing. Because of its size, this food delivery bag can be hefty when full. Therefore, consider leaving it in your car and load smaller reusable bags into it after shopping for your groceries.
- Keeps food warmer for long due to the thick insulation reinforcement
- It can hold cold or hot food
- Has strong walls that keep the bag upright even when filled with groceries
- It has a double refined zipper for durability
- It has strengthened handles for comfort when carrying it
- The handles may break after first use
- The zipper closure is flimsy
2. VENO 3 Pack Insulated Reusable Grocery Bag
- It has long-lasting, dual zippers with reinforced handles
- It’s manufactured using recycled plastic bottle material that’s eco-friendly
- It’s leak-proof
These VENO Reusable Grocery Bags are a bargain. Every rectangular bag can hold 30 pounds of groceries. They also have double zippers at the top for convenience and can be folded if you’re not using them.
If your grocery bag gets dirty, you can just wipe it clean. The bags have an aluminum-covered thermal insulation lining. They’re not strengthened with rigid cardboard or plastic side, which implies that they aren’t flexible if not filled with groceries.
With this set of 2 insulated grocery bags, you won’t come home with moist food. This bag is made of 80% recycled post-consumer material that prevents plastic from reaching lakes, landfills, and oceans. With a width of 15.8 inches, 13-inch height, and a depth of 8.7 inches, it can easily carry 7.8 gallons.
The bag also features flexible fabric sides to hold unusually-shaped items. These bags come in six colors and you can buy in packs of 2 to 3, or in an extra-large pack that comprises a set of reusable produce bags.
- The dual strap design help in distributing weight evenly
- The flat base enables the bag to stay upright
- It’s easy to carry and store this grocery bag as it’s foldable
- It can be used by both men and women
- You cannot carry it over your shoulder
- It’s not machine-washable
3. 2 Insulated Reusable Grocery Bag with Zippered Top, XL
- The bag is foldable
- It’s made of long-lasting fabric
- It has a large capacity and can hold lots of groceries
This best reusable insulated grocery bag is made of fabric that can be zipped up easily. It’s recyclable and can be used by both men and women. You can also use it for a picnic or putting all your frozen items in the cooler bag. Its height makes it ideal for carrying wine bottles.
The insulated shopping bag is easy to open and close, foldable, and simple to pack all your groceries. The next good thing about these bags is that they can fold compactly into a flat shape when not in use which makes storage easy.
After folding them, they are lightweight and portable. The insulated grocery bags can carry a lot of groceries as they are large. The extra-large size is ideal for carrying a lot of stuff. If you want something that you can fold and take with you when shopping, this is the ideal insulated grocery bag as they are easy to carry.
This reusable grocery bag is also perfect for food delivery and will keep your food nice while also keeping it cool. They are excellent at keeping your food cool when it’s warm and hot when it’s cold. The insulated bags are ideal for family celebrations as they can carry pizza, salads, or pies.
The shopping insulated grocery bags are long-lasting. Each bag can hold a maximum weight of 25 pounds.
- It’s well-insulated to keep your food warm or cold
- The foldable design makes it simple to store, open, and close
- It’s perfect for family tours
- The bag can carry a lot of groceries as it’s large
- It only has handles and no shoulder strap
4. CleverMade SnapBasket
- It’s equipped with thermal insulation
- It has a rigid base for stability
- Has a long shoulder strap and premium quality handles
The Clevermade Insulated Grocery Bag has proven that reusable bags are stylish. This 8-gallon grocery bag can carry up to 30 pounds and features a supportive, stiff base. The reflecting foil lining and thermal insulation help in maintaining your groceries’ temperature.
This insulated grocery bag is among the best biodegradable shopping bags that you can use to carry a lot of bulky goods. This grocery bag is made of durable canvas that’s completely environmentally-friendly. It’s also an ideal solution for replacing the plastic bags.
One remarkable feature of this insulated grocery bag is its versatility. Many people such as teachers, students, men, and women can use this grocery bag to carry a purse, sports clothes, laptop, lunch, or books.
Besides, you can use the bag as a weekender bag or a beach tote. This grocery bag will satisfy your carrying needs as it’s convenient. It has extra-long handles and you can, therefore, hold it in your hand or rest on your forearm.
Moreover, several zippered storage bags assist in keeping some worthy items when you’re in the market place. The Clevermade Insulated Grocery Bag has a foldable design and is, therefore, an excellent travel accessory for road tours.
- You can carry ice with this bag as it’s leak-proof
- Comprises top and side handles and a bottle opener
- Retains your food’s heat for a couple of hours
- It can hold up to 50 pounds of weight
- The zipper can break easily
5. Planet E Reusable Grocery Shopping Bags
- It’s made of long-lasting fabric
- It has strengthened seams
- Has long fabric handles
By choosing a set of green reusable insulated grocery bags made of recycled plastics, you’ll feel twice as good about your shopping habits. The Planet E Insulated Grocery Bags are manufactured using non-woven PET (recycled plastic bottles).
With this set of reusable shopping bags, you no longer need to use plastics in your everyday life. These environmentally-friendly grocery bags feature a strengthened base and collapsible sides. This helps in storing the bag flat in your cupboard, car, or pantry.
Remember that due to their construction, the bags aren’t machine-washable. Therefore, you have to opt for spot cleaning. The grocery bag can hold a large number of groceries without it falling off and pouring their contents.
Using reusable grocery bags to help minimize your carbon footprint is an excellent beginning. It’s good to ensure that the grocery bag you use is manufactured using recycled materials.
These large collapsible grocery bags are manufactured using old plastic bottles and have an organized base and a thick shoulder strap. These bags are available in packs of 2 to 3 and they are sufficiently large for your superstore runs and those crucial bulk purchases.
- It folds flat for easy storage when not in use
- Perfect for running errands, work, and traveling
- It has a flat base that allows you to completely use the inside space
- It comes with two carrying options which you can choose from
- The handles are somewhat flimsy
6. Jumbo Insulated Cooler Bag (Gray) with HD Thermal Foam Insulation.
- This bag has a completely sealed waterproof lining
- It has extra-strong webbing strap handles
- It features a heavy-duty construction
If you’re looking for the best picnic bags, then this bag is worth buying. Selecting the correct product that has great features and a reasonable price tag is a difficult task. This grocery bag features broad thermal foam insulation for superior cold retention.
It’s ideal for cold drinks, frozen groceries, or warm takeaway orders. When zipped, it can keep ice frozen for more than 8 hours. You can also use it for beach trips during the day, tailgating, and family outings.
The water-resistant lining stops leaks. The grocery bag’s handles can be easily adjusted to carry items horizontally and it’s perfect for casseroles and pizza. It’s also made of durable nylon fabric, a sealed bag liner, and thick foam insulation.
The flexible fabric sides of this grocery bag make it accommodate unusually-shaped items. It also comprises an outer pocket for little items and has long handles that you can use to carry over your shoulders. You can fold it flat for easy storage in your car or home.
- It’s reasonably priced
- The handles can be adjusted to carry stuff horizontally
- You can store it in your home or car as it can fold flat
- To keep your smaller items, the grocery bag has an outer pocket
- It has a strong smell when new and needs airing out.
7. BELLEFORD Food Delivery Bag XXL -Waterproof
- It has two handles on the sides
- The bag is foldable and leak-proof
- The aluminum lining is water and odor-proof
If you’re looking for the best food delivery bag with assured durability, look no further than the BELLEFORD insulated grocery bag. This bag should be on your priority list. It’s made by a notable firm known as Belleford.
It has durable and effective layers of insulation to make sure that it meets your expectations. This way, you can transport groceries without compromising their quality.
This waterproof food delivery bag can keep your food warm or cold. It’s a versatile bag as it can be used as a chafing dish, pizza delivery bag, grocery storage bag, or a casserole carrying bag.
This bag is completely insulated and can, therefore, keep warm items hot for long and keep cold items cool. It also comes with a commercial-grade high-quality zipper that can be opened and closed easily and has no leaks.
The bag is perfect for food delivery services as it has an elegant black premium design. The waterproof and leak-proof grocery bag lets spilled material stay in the vegetable shopping bag.
Whether you’re just working your grocery shopping list for the week or you’re a catering service searching for insulated food carriers for the delivery of hot dishes in style, this big thermal bag is the best choice for all your grocery and food requirements.
- The bag is completely insulated to keep warm items hot and cold stuff cool for long.
- It has an attractive appearance
- BELLEFORD bag has ample space for keeping all food types
- It has strengthened sewing that enables it to carry hefty loads
- It’s not durable
8. Earthwise Reusable Bag- collapsible Shopping Box
- This bag has a strengthened base panel
- It has a zipper lid
- It has extra side handles
When you purchase frozen food, you want it to keep cool until the time you get home. This can be difficult particularly on a hot summer day. If you buy ice cream, it can thaw by the time you reach home.
Luckily, the Earthwise Insulated Grocery Bag will help solve this issue. This exceptional model has double insulated walls that keep your food chilly. In the case of spills, the bag is protected by a PEVA lining that provides a water-resistant barrier.
This design is also equipped with extra-long handles to make carrying easier. For added convenience, you’re provided with a pair of matching bags. You’ll surely appreciate these big and durable grocery shopping bags if you’re planning a large shopping.
This insulated grocery bag is developed to keep frosty food intact for more than half an hour. The upper part not only folds down but also has a long-lasting zipper at the top. This model is a great option if you’re looking for the best reusable insulated grocery bag.
- The strengthened base keeps the grocery bag upright and open
- It can hold as much as 3 plastic bags
- It’s leak-proof and water-resistant
- You can use it for long as it’s durable
- It has plenty of storage space to keep your groceries
- The bag will most likely wear and tear after some time
9. Insulated Grocery Bag By Lebogner – X-Large 10 Gallon Capacity
- It has an outer slip pocket
- It’s made of high-quality 600D polyester fabric
- It has an elegant black color design
The Lebogner Grocery Cooler Bag is perfect to use. This is an insulated traveling grocery bag that keeps your food cold or warm during the day, making it simple and expedient to use.
You can use this bag for outdoor activities, grocery shopping, holiday, or as a lunch bag. It has been made in a way that it’ll keep your dishes warm as it has a zipper to retain heat. This grocery cooler bag has a capacity of 10 gallons with an outer pocket and, therefore, you can carry anything you want.
As this is a premium quality insulated grocery bag that assures you 100% satisfaction, buy this bag with confidence.
Just put a hot dish in the grocery bag, zip it fast to retain heat inside, and relish your trip. The food will retain heat for the next couple of hours. It was manufactured as a grocery bag, but don’t let that stop you from purchasing and using it for your cold or cooked food. This grocery bag does the job.
- It has shoulder straps for comfortable carrying
- It’s easy to clean the lining
- The radiant inner liner reflects heat keeping your food warm
- It folds up flat for simplified storage when not in use
- The stitching on the lining is weak
10. Insulated Grocery Bags-Shopping Cooler-Thermal Tote 2 Pack
- This bag has 3 layers for keeping groceries cold and fresh
- It features long handles
- It can carry hot, cold, or frozen food
This insulated grocery bag is made of 300D Oxford fabric and it’s strengthened with ribbon. It also has reinforced sewing on the carrying handle that makes the grocery bag carry heavy loads safely.
This insulated grocery bag has 3 layers: EPE foam, Aluminum foil, and 300D Oxford fabric. In this way, the bag offers great insulation for both hot and cold dishes. This insulated grocery bag’s zipper pockets work evenly and seal the top comfortably to retain the cold inside.
Beegreen insulated grocery bags for carrying food feature dual zippers that allow for fast and easier opening and closing in either direction. This insulated grocery bags’ size is ideal for your shopping requirements and they’re not too bulky to be carried by hand if need be.
These big insulated thermal bags are easier to carry into the house than the grocery bags made of plastic. They fold up effortlessly for easier storage and don’t require much space. You can assist in minimizing environmental impact if you use Beegreen insulated grocery bag as it’s eco-friendly.
You can clean this grocery bag with water or wipe the inner part to keep it clean. The bags can also stand upright, thanks to the sturdy walls.
- It’s collapsible for easy storage
- It can carry hefty loads thanks to the strengthened handle
- The premium quality zipper and eco-friendly fabric makes this grocery bag durable
- It’s reasonably priced
- The zippers are somewhat flimsy and tricky to use
How to Fix All Insulated Grocery Bag Zipper
1. What You Require
You only require a pair of pliers. However, if the zipper is made of plastic or damaged, you need a new one which should be of the same size.
2. Remove the Stopper
Take away the small iron stopper of the top of the zip fastener, which is on a similar side of your grocery bag where the zipper puller is.
3. Take the Zipper Puller Away
After removing the zipper pull, you can see that it’s misshapen.
4. Rectify the Zipper Pull
Using the pliers, close the zipper pull’s two sides; try to make it appear like the initial shape again.
Try to close the zipper pull directly on the zipper without taking it away if it isn’t too worn out.
5. Ensure You Put The Zipper Pull Back
The zipper pull should be put back and this may take a couple of minutes.
6. Put the Tooth Back
Using the pair of pliers put back the iron tooth.
How to Make a Grocery Bag Holder
What You Require
- 25-inch ribbon
- An old or new tea towel
- Sewing machine thread
- 11-inch elastic
- A lighter
- A sewing machine
- Fabric clips or pins
- Sewing machine needle
- Safety pin
First, put the towel with the wrong side up.
Fold over the tea towel’s short ends to create a “channel” where the elastic and ribbon can be threaded through. To secure it, sew along the folded end.
Make sure the “channels” are sufficiently wide to fit the elastic and ribbon even after you’ve sewn the ends together.
Put the tea towel’s long sides collectively with its wrong side on the outside.
Stitch the long sides jointly. Ensure you don’t stitch over the ends that were folded over and sewn in the prior step.
Turn over the holder of the grocery bag right side out
Thaw the ribbon ends using a lighter to prevent the ends from unraveling.
At the end of the ribbon, attach a safety pin, and sew the ribbon through one of the “channels” made in step 1.
Ensure you fasten the ends together.
Make sure that the bottom hole is sufficiently big to pull the insulated grocery bag through, then fasten a knot in the elastic or stitch the ends together.
Push the knot into the “channel” to conceal it.
How to Make a Reusable Grocery Bag
Rather than selecting paper or plastic the next time you shop, use your DIY reusable grocery bags. They’re environmentally-friendly, easy to stitch, and they last a lifetime – and you can make them in your elegance.
This is a long-lasting bag but, as with any grocery bag type, don’t overload it with numerous heavy stuff all at once. To carry the weight uniformly, make several bags. Now, prepare to stitch some environmentally-friendly bags!
What you’ll require
- A sewing machine
- A ruler, cutting mat, or rotary cutter
1. Cut Your Pieces
For the bag’s body, cut 2 pieces, each with a 20-inch width and an18-inch height. Cut a 4-inch square out of each bottom nook on the 2 pieces.
For the handles, cut two 4.5 by 20-inch pieces.
2. Stitch the Side and base seams
Ensure you pin the 2 body pieces together.
Stitch both base and side seams using a 1/4 –inch seam allowance, leaving the nooks open.
3. Stitch the Base Corners
Open one of the nooks and pair the base and the side seam. Pin and stitch the nook seam with a ¼-inch seam allowance. Repeat the same for the other nook of the bag.
4. Stitch the Handles
For every piece of the handle, fold 1/3 of the piece and then bend it again, aligning the bend with the top of the piece. Pin it and top sew around the 4 sides of the handle piece. Repeat it for the other piece of the handle.
5. Finish the Upper Part
- Turn the upper edge down 1 inch and pin it in place.
- Pass one end of the piece of handle beneath the fold, 5 inches from the seam on the side. Put in the other end of the piece of the handle 5 inches from the other side seam.
- Do it again with the other piece of the handle on the other side of the insulated grocery bag.
- Stitch around the top, ¼-inch from the “raw” edge that had been turned down, stitching the handles in as you come by them.
- Then turn the handles up and pin them in place.
- Stitch again around the upper part, 1/8-inch from the upper edge of the bag, and stitch across the handle so that they are firmly facing up.
Turn Your Grocery Bag Right Side Out
You’ll have a shopping bag that’s fully assembled at this point and you can stop here if you wish. However, a couple of finishing touches will give you a grocery bag with a more defined structure and edges that’ll help it look better and closely look like the store brand reusable grocery bags.
Factors to Consider When Purchasing an Insulated Grocery Bag
There are numerous types of reusable insulated grocery bags to select from. They are made of different materials and are available in a wide variety of sizes. Here’s what to look out for when looking for the insulated grocery bags.
Many insulated grocery bags are made of vinyl or nylon. Nylon insulated grocery bags are usually more costly than vinyl. However, nylon is better as it has more room and breathability that keeps your food at the appropriate temperature.
Additionally, steam can also escape from the insulated grocery bag and, therefore, you don’t have to be concerned with serving soggy meals to your picnic revelers.
Unfortunately, vinyl grocery bags don’t have these necessary features but they’re inexpensive. Therefore, if you just want a grocery bag for grocery shopping and picnics, then purchase a vinyl grocery bag as it’s the most economical.
This is a crucial consideration. When you’re planning to go shopping, you have to ensure that your insulated grocery bag is sufficiently large for your groceries. The bag must also be able to carry the weight without stretching or ripping.
Insulation helps maintain your food at the correct temperature and it varies from bag to bag. In many instances, you’ll choose between polyurethane (PU), polyester, and polyvinyl chloride (PVC)
Polyvinyl chloride is the most inexpensive material among the three and it’s resistant to oils and basic chemicals around your home. PVC insulated grocery bags are usually cheaper than other bags in the shops.
You’ll be astounded by polyurethane’s flexibility. PU insulated grocery bags are usually able to endure wear and tear for long. The open-cell design of this insulated grocery bag keeps your food from getting soaked with moisture.
Polyester is, without doubt, the best among the three insulation materials because of its high ductile strength. The material can transport any food type while still maintaining the food’s correct temperature for many hours. Therefore, if you decide to go the polyester way, be ready as it’s costly.
That said, a polyester insulated grocery bag is the best option if you want to open a food delivery business, or you just want to have a picnic that’s a long drive away.
It’ll be easy for your stuff to fall out of the top if your insulated grocery bag is filled to the brim. So, there should be a way of closing your bag to avoid this. There are numerous options for fastening that you can select from like snap buttons, Velcro ties, and zippers.
Your insulated grocery bag’s handles should be strong, particularly when carrying a hefty load. The handles should also be long and wide for improved coziness. Ensure that the handles are strengthened so that they don’t separate from the rest of the insulated grocery bag.
9. Storage Ease.
After selecting the best reusable insulated grocery bags, you may desire to take them with you wherever you go. Therefore, fold up your grocery bag when you’re not using it. This way, you can pack them in your pocket or any other pocket.
10. Ease of Cleaning.
Carrying groceries can be a chaotic task – a poured container of blueberries or a leaking package of meat on your way home can put odors, bacteria, or stains to your grocery bag.
Although many reusable insulated grocery bags can be spot-cleaned, most people choose machine-washable bags for thorough cleaning. Ensure you follow the care directions for any grocery bag of your choice and know that many require air drying to avoid shrinking.
There are many types of reusable insulated grocery bags in the shops; there are canvas utilities, totes, and many more. Each insulated grocery bag has its pros and cons that come with it, from cost and size to insulation and durability. When choosing your grocery bag from any list, you need to know the strengths that you value the most.